20 November 2014

Little Baby Steps.....

I thought it would be a good idea to make a puppet being as I'm planning on making a puppet controller and so I did.... Meet No.1 (that's the puppet not the child)



Armed with a pattern from Project Puppet, some felt, some fleece, a spool of thread with a needle and some sharp scissors I am very proud that I was able to cobble together my first ever puppet regardless of the fact that it is completely unsuitable for this project.

Yep, that's right, this type of puppet, as endearing and full of character as he is, just doesn't lend himself to being stuffed with electronic do-dads and thingummy-jigs, and so my next foray is going to be a journey into the realm of foam puppets.

No.1 is essentially a sock puppet, he has no skeleton beyond that of the hand which is controlling him. I believe that a foam head puppet will be more suitable for my project because the foam structure will provide a semi-rigid enclosure for whatever inputs I end up using.

Making No.1 has by no means been a waste of time though, I can apply everything that I've learnt from making him towards the next puppet and just look at how much of a friend he has in Sooz.

No comments:

Post a Comment